Do you want to work for an industry leader in mobile air compressor technology?
Do you have specific skills in Engineering, Marketing, Trades, Accounting or Technical Sales experience in Industrial Equipment and wish to move to beautiful Vancouver Island, British Columbia?
If yes, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
VMAC Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Support Representative
Are you passionate about customer support? Do you believe that the customer really does come first? Would you like to grow your career in Technical Support in a Lean organization, as well as expand your knowledge of mobile air compressors? If you can answer “Yes” to those questions you may be the person we need to join our high-performance team of professionals as a Technical Support Representative.
You’ll be providing in depth technical support for VMAC’s line of air compressors at VMAC’s lean manufacturing facility in Nanaimo, BC. Your key to excelling in this position will be bringing your practical automotive / mechanical expertise, your passion for helping our customers, your respect for your coworkers and your educational background to real-world challenges in meeting our customers’ needs. You’ll be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic, an ability to resolve problems based upon facts, and an overwhelming desire to improve the lives of our customers and your coworkers. Perfection isn’t always possible but having a strong desire to achieve it is an absolute necessity!
There will be a steep learning curve to bring the successful candidate up to our high technical and customer facing standards, but as your knowledge of our product increases you will assist others in the Technical Support Team by taking client technical service support calls, traveling to, and training our dealers and clients, completing “hands-on” in house repairs and services of air compressor systems and generally being a brand ambassador for VMAC.
The Technical Support Representative position reports to the Technical Support Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of combined experience, 1+ years of directly relevant experience within the automotive industry, preferably in a customer support role.
- Significant experience in automotive disciplines.
- Outstanding computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrable proven skills in handling stressful situations, effectively, respectfully and professionally in a Customer Service environment.
- Commitment to information accuracy and precision.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple customers in a deadline-driven environment.
- Desire to work in, and embrace, our lean culture.
- Excellent investigative and critical thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a “hands-on” part of a team.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada; initially a minimal amount of travel may be required, however the travel requirements will increase with experience.
- Consistently demonstrates respect for people.
- Embraces and supports a culture of continuous improvement.
- Focuses on root cause analysis and process improvement.
- Able to learn and employ Lean tools and methodologies.
- Committed to team success.
- Views problems as opportunities to improve.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate their technical ability of MS Office products and will be required to demonstrate practical automotive skills.
VMAC is committed to building a safe and happy future for all our employees and will give you the support you need to succeed. If you are passionate about producing an excellent product in a Lean organization and helping clients work through issues, then you may be the person we are looking for!
Please work hard on your cover letter to demonstrate your writing skills and to show us that you are the person who can make a difference to our company and clients!
If your experience and qualifications match these requirements, please forward your resume by December 23rd, 2016 to the HR Manager.
Mail: 1333 Kipp Road, Nanaimo, BC. V9X 1R3.